This list will help you to submit your decision and application to make it as smooth as possible. Remember our expert teams are available should you need their support or seek clarification on the documents we request for your client.
Retention Hints & Tips
- Your client’s personal data must be correct at the time of application as this will lead to delays in the offer.
- The details required to complete the application form are on your client’s invitation letter including the mortgage account number, this can also be found on your clients DDM reference.
- Ensure that the term is correct as this may indicate that a change is required and delay the offer.
- Correctly complete your correspondence address as this is where the customers copy is sent.
- Only use the postal form if there is an increase in payment of more than £5.
- For online submission please print each page for your compliance records.
- Please allow 5 days for receipt of application before calling our retention line to make an enquiry, we will need their mortgage account number, full name and post code. (0345 070 1999 Option 5).
- Ensure that you client signs and returns the offers FOA to reach us at least 10 working days prior to the maturity date. We don’t send reminders and the switch will not take place if not received.
- We send a regulatory reminder to our customers about the maturity date 30 days before it is due whether a product transfer has been requested or not.
- Your client can only make an early repayment if the FOA is returned and no sooner than 30 days prior to the maturity date.
- We will not backdate the mortgage account if the signed FOA is received after the maturity date.
Our Mortgage Desk team are here to help with any pre application enquiries to ensure that your application is placed with us successfully. Please call them on 0345 070 1999 Option 1.
- Don’t type in capital letters - if you do, the details will need to be changed which will mean resubmitting the information.
- Ensure the address history is accurate - we’ll search addresses for the last 3 years and if they don’t match your information, the decision could be affected.
- Check the applicant’s full name is correct, including any middle or maiden names.
- Make sure any overtime/bonus or other types of income are separate from basic income. Any changes may affect affordability. Let us know an employer’s e-mail address to speed up a reference request if required.
- If available provide two telephone numbers at the initial application stage, this will assist in booking a valuation if required.
- If the employer’s head office address is different from the applicant’s place of work, please add a note in the additional information box as we will query this if the commute appears too long.
- Ensure that information relating to the deposit is correct e.g. if it was a gift or savings.
- Ensure that any Solicitor chosen by your client is on our panel as if not this will cause delays to the offer.
- Please complete your clients bank details in full on the application form.
Document list top tips
- Check the list and upload all the requested documents.
- Bank statements should show salary credits and be for a full calendar month, you may need to send separate statements if using a ‘bills’ account. We also accept electronic bank statements.
- Use the standalone version of the Customer Declaration Form for your client to read and sign. You'll find this in the Literature section. This should be uploaded at the same time as the application.
- Ensure all documents are clear and legible.
- For the fastest and most secure way to get your documents to Platform, please use the “Upload a Document” option on the Documents tab in Click. Documents uploaded in Click are automatically verified and are actioned more quickly.
- Review the “Check and Send” tab on Click to ensure all required documents have been uploaded to progress your clients application. You can upload all documents at this point from the list supplied otherwise we will send a document request as a reminder.
- Check all signatures on any identification documents provided match those on the declaration. If they do not then we will request another declaration to be signed in the presence of a witness.
- Photographs of documents are acceptable. Photographs must be clear, legible and the whole document needs to be visible.